- Being a mom. The first 1½ years were hard - much harder than I had imagined - but the older she gets, the more fun it gets.
- Being creative. It almost doesn't matter what I do; drawing, painting, knitting, embroidery, writing, just as long as I can make stuff up.
- Being alone. I am an introvert, so my batteries are charged when I am on my own.
- Listening to music. Nothing can transform my mood quicker and easier than some good music.
- Buying new shoes. Yes, I'm a shoeoholic! But I'd rather buy one expensive, good quality pair of shoes, than several cheaper pairs.
I love working with colours. Whether I am drawing, painting, embroidering or taking pictures. When I was younger I was more drawn to black and white, but now I need colour in my life. The nuances, the contrasts, the blending, colours just add an extra layer to my work that I enjoy and appreciate.
I don't know if it has to do with me getting older (no not old! Older!), or if it is just a general needd for more "happy", but colour is definitely a must. I can't tell you exactly when it changed, and I suppose it doesn't matter, just as long as it makes me happy, fulfilled and fuels my creativity.
My favourite colour? Right now: Midnight Blue.